Make a new year’s resolution to good computer health!
With technology constantly evolving and online connectivity extending our reach, ensuring your business operation operates at a high level and maintains a fast, reliable connection is vital. In the context of today’s fast-paced marketplace, taking a closer look at something as simple as the overall health of your computer and basic, everyday practices can make a noticeable difference.
As the calendar turns over, another opportunity to provide regular maintenance on your computer arrives with it. A great, regular practice to adopt. Here are a few tips to help you extend the life of your computer:
- Perform regular back-ups. This helps prevent a loss of access to photos, documents and more. Utilizing an automated system that backs up your system often will ensure peace of mind. A few options include:
- Windows 10 Integrated Backup and Restore
- Cloud storage
- External drives
- Antivirus and anti-spyware are crucial. For recommendations on the right protection solutions, feel free to contact our I.T. support team. In addition, Hamilton Network Sentinel offers a suite of solutions designed to manage and defend your network.
- Close programs that are not being used. Multiple applications running at the same time may slow down your computer.
- Restart your computer regularly to keep it in good shape. Benefits include increased performance, bug fixes, and prevention of memory leaks.
- Updated hardware is essential to analyzing your workstation condition. The new year may be a prime time to explore options for customizable servers and computer hardware from PCs, laptops, tablets, and other necessary computer accessories.
- External care is just as important as the internal care. Periodically wipe away dust from vents, screens and keyboards with a microfiber cloth. Keeping food and drink away from the keyboard is also a good habit to keep – ensuring continued computer health.
Hamilton provides expert, reliable IT services that are available 24x7x365 to ensure that your needs are met. Set some cybersecurity New Year’s resolutions.
With over 118 years of experience in the telecommunications and technology-industry, Hamilton has the expertise and certified technicians to best serve your business. Our technical support specialists and customer care team are committed to addressing any questions or service needs you may have in a timely manner. When looking to implement best computer health practices in the next year, Hamilton is your trusted source for all of your IT needs.
Contact Hamilton today!
Discover More about Hamilton Business Solutions
© 2020 Nedelco, Inc. Hamilton are registered trademarks of Nedelco, Inc. dba Hamilton Telecommunications
Third party trademarks mentioned are property of their respective owners.